IMPORTANCE OF VIDEO MARKETINGMay 10, 2017
HOW TO EXECUTE A VIDEO MARKETING STRATEGYMay 15, 2017
How to Utilise Video To Improve SEO
Here are some tips about how to use video to improve SEO and get your website and your video to be found on google and other popular search engines.
- Take advantage of YouTube: Of course, there are a lot of video hosting and sharing sites, but you can’t underestimate the importance of YouTube which is by far the largest video hosting and sharing site. More importantly, YouTube is owned by google, so you don’t need an SEO genius to tell you that google will ‘favour’ results from YouTube over all others. YouTube on its own is also the second-largest search engine in number of search queries right after google, so uploading your video content on YouTube to boost your SEO is a no-brainer.
- Backlink from your YouTube video: One very powerful SEO related thing You can create two backlinks from YouTube. Create a YouTube channel and insert your Web page into your channel profile. Also, insert your link in the video description.
- Optimise videos for page speed: Ever since our SEO friends at Google started considering page performance in its search algorithm, page load time has had a massive influence on a site’s SEO. And with the introduction of 4G and superfast internet, users turn away from slow sites — 57 percent of mobile users abandon the site after three seconds of waiting. So it is advisable for video producers to optimise videos for the mobile phones.
- Keyword labels: Specifying more information to search engines about your videos is equally essential to search results, just as you would label pictures and graphics. Including keywords used for text SEO in fields used to describe your video (in titles, file names, descriptions and tags) ensures that the relevance of your video to search results is clear to search engines.
- Social Interaction: You need to encourage more people to interact with your videos, i.e. like, view, comment or share your video to other social media channels, this is a positive signal to search engines of the value of your content. This will increase the likelihood of your video being found and in turn drive traffic to your site.